Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back on the Blog

Many of you wondered why I stopped blogging.

Sometimes life requires all of your attention. My main source of income had disappeared and I was forced out into the real world to find something new-- something more rewarding and stimulating. I found that in a new job working on a hilarious TV show for Starz called Head Case with an amazing group of people.

During my blogging hiatus, I also needed to address how eating affects my health. Diabetes and high cholesterol run in my family. When I was young, I didn't care and I ate whatever I wanted and eventually developed both diseases. I learned that the food choices I made and my sedentary lifestyle, were contributing to these conditions. I needed to own up to my choices and make better ones for the improvement of my health. I needed to exercise more and eat less, trade healthy food choices for my traditional comfort foods. I needed to rethink my recipes and create new ones that will make me a healthier person. I needed to start looking at food in a new way. Food that is good for me and tastes good.

I want to lose weight and create a healthier way of eating, and I want to share this process with you. Many of you would also like to lose weight and eat healthy while you tame your own medical issues. I want you to write me with your stories and recipes. Share your healthful cooking secrets with us. I want this to be a cooking community, like in Nana Lena's Kitchen. A place where you can chat and cook and cheer each other up.

Please join me every week in Nana Lena's Kitchen.

No comments: